Don't hide your smile, improve it! Cosmetic dentistry in Lynchburg, VA, can help give you the confidence to smile again. Dr. Kevin Midkiff can offer a variety of cosmetic treatments for all your dental needs.
The first thing that most people who want to improve their smile think about is teeth whitening. Regular brushing keeps your teeth healthy, but for a truly bright white smile, you should consider professional whitening. In-office whitening only takes an hour and brightens your smile by up to eight shades.
If you have chipped or cracked teeth your dentist may recommend this treatment. Using a dental bonding material, your dentist will fill and reshape your damaged teeth.
Veneers are another alternative to enhance your smile, provided by your cosmetic dentist. They are thin shells that cover the front surface of your teeth to cover imperfections and give you a perfect smile.
If you have one or more teeth that can't be repaired with bonding or veneers or have a gap in your smile, dental implants are an excellent option because they can replace one or more teeth. Titanium posts are affixed to the patient's jaw and it is on these that the replacement crown is bonded, making for a very long-lasting addition to your smile.
Your dentist can find the best combination of cosmetic treatments specifically for you.
If you are interested in cosmetic dentistry treatments in Lynchburg, VA, please give Dr. Kevin Midkiff a call today at (434) 239-8133.
Are you a candidate for dental implants?
When you are missing teeth, it is critical to replace them. Without all your teeth, chewing and eating can be challenging, as well as uncomfortable. Missing teeth can also destabilize your bite. Dental implants are a great option for replacing teeth that are missing or are badly diseased. A dental implant at Kevin S. Midkiff, D.D.S. Family & Cosmetic Dentistry offers relief, support, and stability to your bite, and often, implants are the most natural and effective option available.
Dr. Kevin Midkiff and our team have helped many patients using implant dentistry at our Lynchburg, VA, office restore their smiles to look more natural. Each implant is created to fit in perfectly with the look of the rest of your teeth.
Besides making your smile appear more natural, dental implants have other benefits. They include:
- Restoring your ability to properly chew food
- Preventing your teeth from shifting and moving
- Stabilizing your bite, helping you avoid pain or discomfort
If you are missing a tooth or multiple teeth and feel like you are a candidate for dental implants, Dr. Kevin Midkiff and our team at Kevin S. Midkiff, D.D.S. Family & Cosmetic Dentistry in Lynchburg, VA, encourages you to give us a call to schedule an appointment at (434) 239-8133.
Consider getting Invisalign in Lynchburg, VA, if you need to correct the alignment of your teeth. Come to Family & Cosmetic Dentistry, where Dr. Midkiff and his staff can assist you in achieving a straight smile.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an orthodontic system that uses a custom-made series of trays to move teeth into the proper position. These clear, removable aligners allow you to correct spacing issues or even show off a straighter smile without inserts or braces.
What Are the Benefits of Using Invisalign?
Invisalign is a lot less noticeable than braces, making it ideal for those who want to correct the alignment of their teeth without looking like they're wearing braces. Invisalign can also provide several other benefits:
No food restrictions - You can eat whatever you want when wearing Invisalign.
Increased oral hygiene - While taking out your aligners, brushing and flossing are simple to do.
Built-in comfort - Since Invisalign doesn't touch the roof of your mouth, this eliminates the likelihood of developing sores in your mouth due to poor fit.
Clear aligners - No one knows you are wearing them.
Can I Use Invisalign With A Missing Tooth?
Yes, you can use Invisalign with a missing tooth. When you use these custom aligners, your teeth will straighten out over time. If teeth around your missing tooth have shifted, Invisalign can help move those teeth back into their correct position. As a result, it will be easier to fill that gap with a replacement tooth that looks natural.
The problem with missing teeth is the surrounding teeth will often shift into that spot within a certain amount of time. If the spot is closed in by surrounding teeth, there is no room to fit a replacement, so the patient will just have a gap where that tooth was.
Replace A Missing Tooth After Invisalign
After treatment is over, you have several tooth replacement options, such as dentures, a dental bridge, or a dental implant. Replacing the missing tooth will also ensure the surrounding teeth don't shift back into place again. Try to replace a missing tooth as soon as possible if you can.
Straight teeth are within reach when you visit Family & Cosmetic Dentistry for Invisalign treatment in Lynchburg, VA. Dr. Kevin Midkiff will help you straighten your teeth as comfortably and conveniently as possible. Call us at (434) 239-8133 for an appointment today.
Are you ready to do something about your crooked smile? Invisalign, an orthodontic treatment method offered by your Lynchburg, VA, dentist, Dr. Kevin Midkiff, may be the perfect choice for you.
Crooked teeth or other orthodontic problems not only affect your appearance but may make chewing and speaking a little difficult. When you choose to correct your orthodontic issue with Invisalign, you'll enjoy these advantages:
- No Change to Your Appearance: Invisalign uses clear aligner trays to straighten teeth rather than metal wires and brackets. Because the transparent trays blend in with your teeth, your friends or co-workers may not even realize that you're straightening your teeth. Aligner trays exert constant pressure on teeth, slowing changing their alignment. At your first Invisalign appointment in the Lynchburg, VA, dental office, your dentist will take digital impressions, photographs, and X-rays of your mouth. The 3D image of your mouth created by combining these images will be used to plan your treatment and make your Invisalign trays.
- Adjustment-Free Process: Periodic adjustments change the tension on brace wires if you wear metal or ceramic braces. Although this is an important step, it can cause discomfort for a few days. When you wear Invisalign aligners, there's no need for adjustments. Of course, you'll still need to visit the dentist for regular follow-up visits during your orthodontic treatment.
- Flexibility: You can take your removable trays out for a few hours while you play sports or attend a special event. You'll wear the trays for about 22 hours most days. Each set of trays is designed to be worn for two weeks.
- No Need to Change Your Diet or Oral Hygiene Routine: Raw vegetables, popcorn, gum, and other foods that could break brace wires or become stuck in them are off-limit when you wear traditional braces. That's not the case with Invisalign. Since you'll take out your trays before you eat, you can eat anything you want. You will also take your trays out before you brush and floss and won't need to use special tools or learn new flossing techniques.
Improve your smile with Invisalign! Call your dentist in Lynchburg, VA, Dr. Midkiff, at (434) 239-8133 to schedule your appointment.
Are your new implants causing swelling? Dr. Kevin Midkiff provides implant restoration in Lynchburg, VA, to help you prevent long-term damage caused by inflammation and other implant problems.
What Causes Implant Inflammation?
Inflammation around your dental implant can occur for many reasons. For example, you might notice swelling for a few days after the initial procedure. Most of the time, pain medication and anti-inflammatory medicine should be enough to handle it. However, long-term inflammation that comes and goes may result from an infection at the site of the implant or the surrounding areas of tissue.
Inflammation is not just painful but can also be damaging to your implant. For example, swollen gums could cause the implant to change its position and require restoration and repair surgery, or the infection could damage the implant material and cause long-term stability and strength issues.
How Your Dentist Can Help
Getting implant restoration in Lynchburg, VA, can help. The treatment includes:
- Examining the dental implant to find any damage or positional changes
- Surveying the area around the implant and your gums to look for infection problems
- Cleaning the area and disinfecting the infected area
- Prescribing an antibiotic for the swelling
You should also take steps to prevent potential infection again. Carefully floss around the implant and avoid foods like popcorn, nuts, and shells that could get lodged near it. Quit smoking, and try to avoid foods that could stain your implant, like wine or coffee. Make sure to schedule regular visits with your dentist to clean and inspect the implant and treat any infection as it occurs.
Take Great Care of Your Implants
If you are troubled by implant inflammation and want the best implant restoration Lynchburg, VA has to offer, contact Dr. Midkiff to learn more. Call (434) 239-8133 to set up an appointment.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.